Thursday, May 9, 2013

Let's do Brunch! A round-up of my favorite brunch recipes

There are a few special occasions - a baby shower, bridal shower, Easter, Mother's Day, and Christmas morning - that make me think "brunch." A fresh and light menu, a wide variety of items to cover both breakfast and lunch, champagne, fresh juice, and lots of fresh flowers, loved ones, and a relaxing atmosphere - that's how I envision the perfect brunch.

Here are a few of my favorite brunch recipes to help you plan your next brunch, whether it be for the upcoming holiday or just your next lazy weekend morning.




I always serve some sort of egg dish for brunch. This was the first frittata I made for a family brunch, and it's still my favorite - Broccoli-Red Pepper-Potato Frittata. I love that the potatoes are mixed right into the frittata!








I love the sharp cheese mixed with salty ham in this Asparagus Ham Frittata.





You can't go wrong with French Toast, and this Banana Stuffed French Toast brings it to the next level.

 
 
Or if you want a fix-it-and-forget-it French Toast dish, try this Cinnamon French Toast Casserole. You prepare it the night before your gathering and let the bread soak in the egg mixture. This recipe calls for cinnamon bread instead of regular bread, so it really has great flavor.
 
 
These sliders are my most recent favorite new recipe and were a hit at my last brunch - Sweet Ham and Swiss Sliders.
 
 
 
Chicken salad is always popular on brunch menus, and I definitely prefer a savory chicken salad over something with fruit or nuts in it. One of my favorites is this Southwestern Chicken Salad. It has just a little bit of a kick, crunch from the peppers, and some brightness from the cilantro. Serve it on croissants or sandwich thins to keep it light.
 
 
 
 
I always have some sort of salad on my brunch menu. Here are two that I love - for a fall brunch, try this Autumn Salad. 
 
 
   
Or for a spring/summer gathering, this Arugula Salad with Lemon-Parmesan Dressing is light and flavorful.
 
 
 
 
Or for a pasta salad, I love this Caprese Pasta Salad - it tastes like summer!
 
 
 
For something sweet, some breakfast breads or muffins work well. I like this Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips or this Blueberry Banana Bread. I also like to serve fruit with the breads, like a bowl of fresh strawberries or grapes, melon or pineapple.
 
 
And finally, when you are looking to add something heavier to your menu, maybe for a brunch later in the day, I recommend this creamy Vegetable Lasagna. You can even make this one the night before, and then just pop it in the oven to warm for your guests. 
 
 
 
 
 

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment