For this Blogger's Choice Recipe Swap hosted by Taste of Home Cooking, I was given a blog that will seriously make your mouth water - Cookies on Friday.
But like I have said before, I love these swaps because they push me out of my comfort zone.
I chose a recipe, made it, and unfortunately it was inedible. I don't even want to share what it was because supposedly it was an easy recipe. Even my dad couldn't eat it, and he eats anything I make! So I decided to give another recipe a shot, and chose 4 different cookie recipes that I could make with the baby girl (who is turning into such a little girl - almost two-and-a-half already!!). I finally decided on these Krispies - cookies with Rice Krispies and a Chocolate Rice Bar. Sounds good, right?
Well they were! Baby girl and I had so much fun making them, too! She kept stealing little bits of chocolate, and even grabbed a bit of cookie dough before I could stop her. At one point she blew on the bowl of flour and was so surprised when it flew all over her face - I wish I had my camera ready for that moment!
These cookies were so good! I think I'll even make them again for Christmas.
I made one change to the recipe. My chocolate bar was only 4 oz, so I added some chocolate chips to make up the rest (recipe called for 6 oz of chocolate).
Source: Cookies on Friday
- 2 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 6 oz. crispy rice chocolate bars, chopped (I used a 4 oz bar and 2 oz of chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats. I don't have silicone mats so I lined my sheets with parchment paper and it worked just fine.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat brown sugar, sugar, and butter.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Beat on medium until fully combined.
- Add flour mixture and stir on low until combined.
- Stir in the crispy rice cereal and the chopped chocolate bars.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until set and light golden brown.
- Transfer cookies with a spatula to a wire rack to cool completely. And definitely eat one while they are still warm!!
Print this post