I was given a great blog for the most recent Taste of Home Cooking Blogger's Choice Recipe Swap - The Cookaholic Wife. Nichole, the author, has SO many recipes and I spent quite some time looking through the recipe list. I saw several things that I really wanted to make, but what made my decision was the ingredient list in the recipe I chose -
Soy sauce, cilantro, and potatoes.
I use soy sauce in a lot of marinades and sauces, but I never, ever would have thought to use it with potatoes. And cilantro is my favorite herb, so that sold me.
The recipe I chose was for Soy-Cilantro Roasted Potatoes, a recipe created by Nichole (Nichole - I'd love to know what made you try soy sauce with potatoes - so interesting!!) You toss the potatoes with the soy sauce and cilantro, and roast them for about 45 minutes. The soy sauce caramelized, and the potatoes got nice and crispy. These flavors worked so well on the potatoes, and I will definitely make this one again!
- 5 red potatoes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cilantro (I used a handful of fresh cilantro, then washed and roughly chopped it)
- I added several shakes of garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. Rinse off the potatoes and cut into small wedges.
3. Transfer the potatoes into a large bowl. Add the soy sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper (and garlic powder). Toss well to coat.
4. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Put the potatoes into the baking dish.
5. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.Print this post