Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mini Chicken & Biscuit Dinner

A few weeks ago I made a whole roast chicken and had a ton leftover. While browsing the food pins on Pinterest, I came across an interesting recipe using leftover chicken. Now this is not a recipe typical of the type of food I make, but something about it just screamed "comfort" to me. It was a cold week and we were all a bit under the weather, so this recipe hit the spot.

The original recipe was called Incredibly Easy Chicken Broccoli Pies and is by Betty Crocker, but I changed up the ingredients. My pies tasted like Thanksgiving, and I now know what I'm going to do with all of those leftovers come November!

I had some leftover gravy which was great poured over the pies. I even think a mashed potato topping would be cute, especially for kids!


Ingredients

  • Cooking spray
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 c cooked roast chicken, chopped
  • 1 sm onion, diced
  • 1/2 c frozen corn
  • 1/2 c frozen peas
  • 1/2 c frozen or cooked chopped carrots (I blanch baby carrots for my toddler every week, so I took a handful of them and chopped them up)
  • 1/2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Any other herbs you'd like to go with the ingredients you choose; I added a touch of poultry seasoning.
  • 1/2 c Original Bisquick mix
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 2 eggs

Directions

  • Heat oven to 375 degrees
  • Spray 12 regular sized muffin tins with cooking spray
  • Heat olive oil in a saute pan; add onion and cook 3-4 minutes.
  • Add chicken and veggies; stir to mix.
  • Season with salt and pepper; remove from heat and stir in cheese.
  • In a medium bowl stir together the bisquick, milk, and eggs.
  • Fill muffin tins about 1/3 of the way with the baking mixture. Top with a spoonful of the chicken mixture.
  • Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool a few minutes before using a knife to loosen them from the tins.

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment