When you need to cook something in a pinch that won't take a lot of time, that doesn't mean that it has to be instant, or unhealthy. These days all I have time for is quick cooking, but we are still eating pretty well. Homemade cooking doesn't have to mean hours spent in the kitchen.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Dried Italian seasoning (I like Perfect Pinch by McCormick), salt, pepper, dried thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1/2 c low sodium chicken broth
- Touch of light cream or even half and half - I probably used a few tablespoons
- Heat olive oil in a large pan
- Season chicken with the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and thyme. Add to the pan and cook 4-6 minutes per side, until cooked through (it helps if you pound your chicken out a bit to make it thinner = will cook faster). Transfer to a plate. If it's not cooked through, you can throw it in the oven on 400 while you make the sauce.
- Deglaze pan with the white wine, bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add the broth, bring to a simmer. Add the cream, stir.
- Return chicken to the pan, spooning some of the sauce on top of the chicken.