What??? I want you to feed your child tofu? Yes, I do. But you don't eat it? That's ok...just don't complain about it in front of them. But maybe you should try it... you just might like it. I cook it often - here are all of my tofu recipes.
As I have mentioned before, Jon and I really want our daughter to eat everything. Jon doesn't like tofu or tomatoes, but he will never say that in front of her, and so far she likes both. And I don't eat fish, but she has tried it and likes it. I'll just never complain about it in front of her, because as soon as you do, they will want to be like you and will claim not to like things. So introduce things at a young age and they will never know otherwise!
These little tofu bites are the perfect size for little fingers, are crispy yet soft (just a little softer than a chicken nugget), and can be dipped in anything you want - I chose pizza sauce for tonight. You could also use marinara, honey mustard, ranch, or even ketchup.
I spent 5-6 minutes making these, and she ate them up! She had the most fun "dip-dip-dipping" them in the sauce before taking a bite.
- 1/4 block of extra firm tofu, pressed (you want to get the water out), then cut into cubes
- Bread crumbs, about 1/2 c
- Spices - I added a bit of onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp olive oil (just enough to get them crispy - you don't need to deep fry them; alternatively, you could bake them)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat
- Mix bread crumbs with the spices
- Dip tofu in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture
- Cook approximately 1 min per side, until golden brown. Once done, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Print this post