I like making different pasta salads, like my South of the Border Pasta Salad, or this Antipasto Pasta Salad. So when I was given a new pasta salad to try in last weeks Taste of Home Cooking Recipe Swap (click here to see all of the recipes shared), I was excited to try it. And with the holiday weekend cooking fest underway, the timing was perfect.
The recipe was submitted by the author of the blog My Kitchen Rx. I made a few changes, noted in italics below.
- 1 7oz jar sundried tomatoes, with the oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 c extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Added: 4 large basil leaves
- 16 oz corkscrew pasta
- 1/2 lb cubed mozzarella
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 10-15 leaves basil, chopped or julienne (I did a chiffonade)
- 1.5 c grated Parmesan cheese (I totally forgot to add this before serving, and didn't miss it)
This was a really good recipe - everyone loved it. It had a nice tang from the sundried tomatoes, and was so fresh and summery with the basil and tomatoes. I will definitely make this again. Print this post