This pasta dish has everything that I love - roasted tomatoes (I love tomatoes in any form, but roasting them really concentrates the flavors), roasted garlic, spinach, and pasta. Can't go wrong!
My sister and I cooked this one together when she was home for a visit last week. Easy to throw together after putting the baby to bed, and wonderful with a nice cold, crisp glass of chardonnay (Estancia, to be exact).
- 8 oz orecchiette pasta, cooked to al dente. Save some of the pasta water when draining the pasta.
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 1 bulb roasted garlic
- 8 oz baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/3 c shredded cheese; we used an equal mix of Parmesan and Pecorino-Romano.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in a large baking dish (large enough to use for serving the pasta) on 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes are done, add the pasta, whole roasted garlic cloves, and spinach to the dish. Toss.
- Add some of the pasta water, the cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and toss again. Serve.
Print this post