Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dijon Garlic Chicken


I came across this recipe in the blog So Tasty, So Yummy several months ago. Can it get any easier than marinating chicken overnight, then baking it the next day?

When I make chicken, I usually go crazy trying to create flavor - I either stuff it, coat it, pan roast it then make a pan sauce, or make some other sort of sauce. So the simplicity of this recipe intrigued me, but also made me doubt that it could be all that good. Well, it proved me wrong - it was absolutely fabulous. Full of flavor and juicy, and easy on top of that.

I made slight adjustments to the amounts, as seen below, with any other changes in italics.

Ingredients

  • 3 large chicken breasts
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 c Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 c dry white wine
  • 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce (I always use low sodium soy sauce)
  • 1 tsp Tabasco
  • A few pinches each: dried thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, and a touch of salt (instead of using Herbs de Provence, as the original recipe noted)
Mix all of the ingredients, pour them over a single layer of chicken in a bowl, cover, and marinate overnight. Cook in the oven on 425 for 25-30 minutes, until the juices run clear.

Print this post

2 comments:

  1. I love Dijon mustard with chicken. Dijon makes everything better! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it. I love serving it at dinner parties since it is so easy.

    ReplyDelete