This pasta salad is the perfect addition to any barbecue or picnic menu. It is bright, zesty, and colorful, and just a little different than your traditional pasta salad. I threw this together based on my love of Mexican flavors and ingredients, and everyone loved it.
Mix all ingredients, toss with just a touch of olive oil, and chill in the fridge until ready to dress (1 hour before serving).
- 1 lb rotini, cooked and rinsed under cold water
- Chopped bell peppers - I used 1 each of a green, red, and orange pepper
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 c frozen corn
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- For serving: bowl of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Optional: cilantro for topping (I completely forgot to put this out!)
Mix all ingredients* and chill until ready to dress. Shake well before pouring onto pasta salad.
- 3/4 c olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
* Note, my amounts are approximate. The oil, lime juice, and garlic are exact amounts; others were added and adjusted as I mixed. I recommend you start adding ingredients slowly and taste as you go.
For another unique pasta salad, check out my antipasto pasta salad.