Quick and easy with a lot of flavor - that's the name of the game these days. Oh, and it helps if we can eat it with one hand while holding a baby in the other.
I threw this dish together because I had some mushrooms leftover. Amounts are approximate.
- 2 chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 sm onion, sliced
- Handful of mushrooms, sliced
- White wine, about 3 tbsp
- 1 c chicken broth
- Salt, pepper, thyme, paprika
- Olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, a touch of thyme, and paprika. Add to pan and cook until just about cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Move chicken to sides of pan and add the onions, peppers, and mushrooms, Saute 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with the white wine
- Add chicken broth, adjust seasonings, and let come to a simmer. Lower heat and let it cook another few minutes to thicken. Serve over rice.