Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Roasted Vegetable Pasta Primavera


Did you ever have one of those nights where you just can't figure out what you feel like cooking? Or you and your partner, spouse, family members, roommates, whatever, can't agree on chicken or beef or fish or something else? It's nights like these when I turn to a simple pasta and veggie dish, and if Jon wants, he can cook up some shrimp.

A while back I had seen
Giada's recipe for pasta primavera, a recipe a bit different from how I usually make it. Roasting veggies and then tossing with pasta and cheese? Sounds like a perfect "I don't know what I feel like cooking tonight" dinner. Below is what I did using Giada's recipe as inspiration.

Ingredients

  • Chopped veggies: I used 1 squash, 1 zucchini, 1 red onion, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 orange pepper, 1/2 green pepper, 1 carrot, and a handful of grape tomatoes.
  • 1/2 pound farfalle, or whatever shape of pasta you like
  • Approximately 1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper
  • Olive oil
  • Italian seasoning (mixed herbs)

Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
  • Toss all of the veggies, except the tomatoes, with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring once, and throwing the tomatoes in for the last 3-4 minutes.
  • In the meantime, cook the pasta. Drain, reserving 1 c of the liquid, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
  • Toss pasta with the roasted veggies and cheese. Slowly pour in the liquid, stirring. I used about half of it. Season with salt and pepper.

I normally saute my veggies and make just a touch of a tomato cream sauce when making a pasta primavera. I still love cooking it that way, but this recipe was a nice, fresh change, and it couldn't be any easier.

Print this post

1 comment: