Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fish with a Dijon, Lemon, and Dill Crust


It's no secret that I'm not the biggest seafood fan. As much as I want to love it, I just don't. But I feel bad for Jon that we never have fish at home, so every now and then I give in, and I'll eat a few bites.

Well last week was different - I ate an entire flounder filet!! This recipe was light and delicious, and is something I'd definitely make again. Even better, it only took 15 minutes including prep.

Fish with a Dijon, Lemon, and Dill Crust
Adapted from:
Lemon and Herb Crusted Drum with Wilted Bok Choy, Lemon, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Emeril

Ingredients

  • 2 flounder filets
  • 1 tsp dried dill
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • Rind of one lemon - I used my microplane on it
  • 2 tsp dijon mustard
  • Cracked black pepper
  • Kosher salt
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1 head bok choy, roughly chopped

Directions

  • Season fish lightly with salt and pepper
  • Spread 1 tsp dijon mustard on each filet
  • Mix lemon rind, parsley, and dill. Place each filet, dijon side down, into this mixture to coat.
  • Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large stainless pan. Place fish, dijon side down, into the pan and let cook 4 minutes. Flip and continue cooking, about another 4 minutes.
  • In the meantime, heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan. Add bok choy and toss. Add water, season with salt and pepper, and let wilt, about 3-4 minutes.

Here is the fish before going into the pan -


Again, this was delicious. I can't believe I ate the whole thing :)

Print this post

3 comments:

  1. The fish looks delicious and so does the bok choy! That's one of those veggies I never think to cook with, and probably should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious! I am going to try this one. I really love fish!

    ReplyDelete