A few weeks ago, my dad, the baker in the family, brought me some muffins - Banana Chocolate Chip. They were delicious! Good enough for breakfast, but sweet enough to feel like a treat. So when I was craving them this week, I decided to make them on my own.
I know, I don't bake, but these were really easy and well worth all the measuring that I hate!
The recipe can be found on the All Recipes web site - Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- 1 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c plain yogurt - I used sour cream instead
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c mashed ripe bananas - this was 3 bananas
- 3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips - I used Ghiardelli chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients - egg, oil, yogurt (sour cream), and vanilla
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened
- Fold in the bananas and chocolate chips
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full
- Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes (mine cooked exactly 22 minutes) or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tins to a cooling rack
This recipe made 16 muffins that were great for breakfast all week. Jon asked me to make them every week!Print this post