Friday, January 8, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

A few weeks ago, my dad, the baker in the family, brought me some muffins - Banana Chocolate Chip. They were delicious! Good enough for breakfast, but sweet enough to feel like a treat. So when I was craving them this week, I decided to make them on my own.

I know, I don't bake, but these were really easy and well worth all the measuring that I hate!

The recipe can be found on the All Recipes web site -
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.


  • 1 3/4 c all purpose flour
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c vegetable oil
  • 1/2 c plain yogurt - I used sour cream instead
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 c mashed ripe bananas - this was 3 bananas
  • 3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips - I used Ghiardelli chocolate chips


  • In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
  • In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients - egg, oil, yogurt (sour cream), and vanilla
  • Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened
  • Fold in the bananas and chocolate chips
  • Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full
  • Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes (mine cooked exactly 22 minutes) or until a toothpick comes out clean
  • Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tins to a cooling rack

This recipe made 16 muffins that were great for breakfast all week. Jon asked me to make them every week!

Print this post


MV said...

These look perfect!

Patsyk said...

I love a yummy muffin for breakfast! Yours turned out perfectly!

TasteMyPlate said...

Oh yum yum yum yum yum!

Carol Thornton said...

So I finally made these muffins - cooling as we speak. I made one batch your way and another using part whole wheat flour and agave syrup for the sugar. Batter tasting - the original recipe wins - yummy! But for the diabetic in me, I can live with the whole wheat version to satisfy my sweet tooth. Taste test tomorrow at work - if the whole wheat version is acceptable, I'll let you know the specific changes I made.