Monday, December 21, 2009

Spiked Cranberry Sauce


Well hello there! It has been quite some time since I said hello. I have been crazy busy and feeling a bit under the weather, so while I have been doing some cooking, I haven't created anything new or blog-worthy in a while. Even my upcoming holiday menu is full of things I made before! Delicious things, but nothing new. Sometimes the old standbys are the best!

But, I do have this one new post. Yes, it is from Thanksgiving, and yes, my sister made it, not me, but if you are cooking a turkey for Christmas, you might want to try this cranberry sauce.

My sister found the recipe for Simple but Amazing Cranberry Sauce on the blog Savory Sweet Life. This recipe is the blog author's original recipe.
Ingredients
  • 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
  • 3/4 c orange juice
  • 2/3 c brown sugar
  • 1/3 c white sugar
  • 2 oz gold rum

Directions

  • Place all of the ingredients in a sauce pan and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquid has reduced, stirring occasionally.
  • Note, the author notes that you will hear the cranberries popping and not to worry, this is what you want them to do.
  • Remove from heat and serve. This recipe can be made days ahead of time and brought to room temperature or slightly heated before serving (author doesn't note how far in advance is ok, but I would guess a day or two).

I'm usually not the biggest cranberry sauce fan, but I LOVED this one! I even had seconds. So if you are looking for something different to add to your turkey dinner, try this one.

Happy Holidays!!

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment