- 1 lb ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 lb meatloaf mix (beef/pork/veal)
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 c (+/-) breadcrumbs (you have to go on feel)
- Salt and pepper (a few pinches each)
- Mix all ingredients together and form into a loaf. Add more breadcrumbs if you need more help holding it together.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Place loaf in the center of the sheet and top with ketchup
- Bake on 400 for 1 hour 20 minutes, or until internal temperature has reached 160 degrees.
- Let rest on a cutting board for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This loaf served 4 of us, Jon and I had dinner again, and my parents split another serving for lunch - so 7 nice sized servings total.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Now I have to share this picture and story just because I find it so funny...
My mom was sitting in our family room when Jon pulled the meatloaf out of the oven. She turned around and saw it sitting on the cutting board and kept making comments about how beautiful it was, and telling us that we had to see it from her angle. Then she asked for my camera so she could take a picture of how pretty it looked... My mom cracks me up. So here it is, her picture of the meatloaf -
Print this post