Tofu - must mean I was on my own again for dinner last night! Really, Jon doesn't know what he's missing.
Anyway, I had a bunch of ingredients left over from the spring rolls we made on my dad's birthday this weekend. I picked up some tofu and made this one up as I went along. It turned out to be a delicious and easy dish that I was able to enjoy for dinner and then lunch the next day. Tofu reheats fabulously in a covered dish for 2 minutes on reheat in the microwave.
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed to get the water out, then cut into cubes
- Handful each of julienned carrots, bean sprouts, and chopped Napa cabbage
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili-garlic sauce/paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet or wok
- Add tofu and cook 5 minutes, flipping often, until slightly browned on all sides
- Add garlic, carrots, and sprouts; saute 2 minutes
- Add cabbage; saute 2 minutes
- Add chicken broth mixed with Hoisin, chili-garlic sauce, and soy
- Bring to a simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Serve over noodles or rice. I served the tofu over some Chinese noodles I picked up at Wegmans.
Print this post