Sunday, May 31, 2009

Noodles with Sugar Snap Peas and Red Peppers


A few weeks ago I made this dish of noodles with broccoli and was so happy with the results that I was excited to try different variations.

We made these pork chops tonight so I thought noodles with Asian flavors would pair nicely.

Ingredients
  • 2 packages Ramen noodles - noodles only, not the seasoning packet
  • 1 c sugar snap peas
  • 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 4 baby bella mushrooms, chopped
  • 10 oz chicken broth
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions

Last time I used a foil pouch cooking method, but I'm getting low on tin foil so tonight I layered the ingredients in a baking dish and covered it tightly with foil.

  • Place noodles in the baking dish
  • Put all of the veggies on top
  • Pour the liquids on top of everything and seal the dish with foil
  • Cook in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes

This is not a gourmet side by any means, but for how quick, easy, and delicious it was, I'm not complaining!


Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment