Monday, May 11, 2009

Dry Rub for Pork Chops


Aah, it's so nice to come home from a business trip and get back in the kitchen. Hotel and restaurant food gets old quickly.

I was wiped out by the time I got home, but still wanted to cook so I made something simple - a dry rub for pork chops.

After Jon trimmed the chops, I rubbed them with smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, salt and pepper. I didn't measure, but used enough to fully coat the chops, using smoked paprika the most.

Jon grilled them - aren't they pretty? He seared them over high heat, and then turned the grill down and let them cook for another 12 minutes or so. They were tender and juicy, and the dry rub was a gave them a very earthy, smoky flavor.

I served the chops with my
Creamy Vegetable Orzo and roasted Brussels sprouts.

Print this post

3 comments:

  1. I cannot explain how delicious that looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a perfectly grilled chop! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very tasty. Great color on the pork. I will give your rub a try next time. I've never tried the paprika. I use garlic powder instead of the onion, rubbed sage instead of cumin....other than that and the paprika my usual pork rub is the same.

    ReplyDelete