- Fish filets - I used 3 orange roughy filets but can also see tilapia, grouper, basa, or sea bass working as well
- Salt, pepper, coriander, chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 sm white onion, finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lime plus 6 slices lime
- Handful freshly chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in an oven-safe saute pan over medium heat; pre-heat oven to 375.
- Lightly season the fish with salt, pepper, coriander, and chili powder
- Add onions and garlic to the pan, saute 2-3 minutes
- Add fish to pan, squeeze some lime juice on the top and cook on each side for 45 seconds, seasoning the other side with lime juice when you flip the fish.
- Top with lime slices and cilantro and move to the oven for 5 minutes, or until fish is done.
The fish was very light with subtle flavors of the lime and cilantro. I served it with sauteed peppers - red, yellow, green, orange, and poblanos - and rice.
The other thing on the plate is sauteed hominy... I had a can to use so thought it would go nicely with tonight's dinner. I'm glad I tried the hominy but don't need to make it again!!
I hope everyone enjoys their long holiday weekend!