Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cilantro-Lime Fish


In an effort to try to eat more fish, I came up with this recipe using flavors that I love - coriander, cilantro, and lime.

Ingredients
  • Fish filets - I used 3 orange roughy filets but can also see tilapia, grouper, basa, or sea bass working as well
  • Salt, pepper, coriander, chili powder
  • 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 sm white onion, finely chopped
  • Juice from 1 lime plus 6 slices lime
  • Handful freshly chopped cilantro

Directions

  • Heat oil in an oven-safe saute pan over medium heat; pre-heat oven to 375.
  • Lightly season the fish with salt, pepper, coriander, and chili powder
  • Add onions and garlic to the pan, saute 2-3 minutes
  • Add fish to pan, squeeze some lime juice on the top and cook on each side for 45 seconds, seasoning the other side with lime juice when you flip the fish.
  • Top with lime slices and cilantro and move to the oven for 5 minutes, or until fish is done.

The fish was very light with subtle flavors of the lime and cilantro. I served it with sauteed peppers - red, yellow, green, orange, and poblanos - and rice.

The other thing on the plate is sauteed hominy... I had a can to use so thought it would go nicely with tonight's dinner. I'm glad I tried the hominy but don't need to make it again!!

I hope everyone enjoys their long holiday weekend!

Print this post

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to make this since my husband LOVES cilantro and we both enjoy fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a few tilapia filets for this weekend. I think I'll try this recipe. It looks delicious. Keep up the good work. I'm enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sean - I'm glad you are enjoying my recipes. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog somehow and had to try this recipe. It was delicious, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this and added green onion. I added fresh salsa on top of the fish, and had black beans as a side dish. It was wonderful! Thanks for the recipe, I am passing it on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added onion, and served it with fresh salsa and black beans on the side. It was soooo good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt, New ZealandMay 25, 2011 at 3:27 AM

    Came out nicely, though would add more lime juice at the end next time. Thanks for the concept. Matt

    ReplyDelete