Last night I decided to make shrimp for Jon and tofu for myself. I came up with this recipe for my spicy tofu with peppers, and used it as the inspiration for Jon's shrimp.
For this dish I used less liquid than I did with the tofu and added sesame oil.
- 3/4 lb shrimp
- Thinly sliced onion - about 3 slices off 1 small onion.
- Sliced peppers - I used about 1/4 each of a red, green, and yellow pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp chili-garlic paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- Optional: chopped green onions
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat
- Add onions, garlic, and peppers. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add chili-garlic paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, and chicken broth. Stir everything together and bring to a simmer.
- Add shrimp and cook until done - about 6 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles and top with green onions
This dish is even quicker and easier than the tofu version, but both versions are spicy and delicious!Print this post