Saturday was so windy that our plans to grill were ruined. We had filet mignon steaks, so decided to cook them in the pan and oven. We all know how I love sauce, so I whipped one up to top our steaks.
I served our filet with a mushroom-marsala sauce with my three garlic risotto and roasted asparagus.
- 2 steaks (we seasoned ours with salt and pepper)
- 1 c chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 c marsala wine
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan until very hot
- Cook steaks, about 2-3 minutes per side, and then transfer to a 400 degree oven until done to your likeness (about 6-8 minutes for medium)
- Remove steaks from the oven and transfer to a dish; keep warm
- If your pan is dry, add a touch of oil and heat over medium-high heat
- Add mushrooms and saute for 4-5 minutes
- Add marsala wine and balsamic vinegar, stir while scraping up brown bits
- Keep at a steady simmer until the liquid has reduced/thickened slightly, about 5 minutes
- Serve over steaks
This sauce is slightly sweet, a bit too sweet for Jon's tastes, but I loved it. The final result looks like it was a lot harder than it actually was.
Print this post