Tonight's dinner came about because I had a few peppers to use up as well as a package of steak strips. I felt like using Asian ingredients, so developed this as I went along.
- 3 peppers - I used 1 green, 1 yellow, and 1 red - cut into thin strips
- 1/2 onion, cut into strips
The pile of veggies was so pretty that I had to take a picture -
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb steak strips marinated in soy and Worcestershire with a touch of garlic powder and onion powder (marinated for 20-30 minutes)
- 1 package powdered brown gravy mixed with 1 c water
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/3 c cooking sherry
- 1/2 package Chinese noodles (not sure what they are called - my parents bought them for us in Chinatown - they are medium, flat noodles that cook up quickly)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat
- Add steak strips and cook until just a bit more than halfway done
- Deglaze pan with cooking sherry, scraping up brown bits
- Add garlic, onions, and peppers; saute for a few minutes
- Mix gravy/water with Hoison and soy; add to pan
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer for about 5 minutes; the sauce will thicken
- In the meantime, boil water. Add noodles and cook until done - about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan or wok over high heat
- Add noodles and toss with approximately 2 tsp soy sauce. When done, garnish with green onions.
So simple with amazing flavor. I made this dish in 20 minutes, 30 minutes total when you add prep/chopping time.
Print this post