Quick and easy - this would probably qualify as one of Rachael's 30 minute meals. This is my own recipe.
- 1/2 lb pasta - I used farfalle
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 sm onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 c low sodium chicken broth
- Approximately 1/2 c shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan
- Add sausage and start to crumble it with your spoon as it cooks; about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic, stir
- Deglaze pan with white wine, scraping up brown bits
- Add broccoli and red peppers; stir
- Add chicken broth and stir; let simmer for about 8 minutes
- Add some of the cheese
- Add pasta and the rest of the cheese; toss to coat
Flavorful and simple, this was a nice one pot meal for a night when you don't have much time to cook, but want a hearty dinner.
Print this post