- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained (I used 2 cans)
- 3 celery stalks, chopped (I used 2 stalks)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small jalapeño chilies, seeded, chopped (I only seeded one of them; used the seeds from the other)
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and cumin in large bowl to blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Let stand at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours, tossing occasionally.
One note - the recipe says to let it stand for 1 hour and up to 4. They mean this.. I put the salad in the fridge after we ate, and several hours later the salad was a bit mushy and almost gelatinous. I drained and washed the beans before putting it all together, but I think the white beans just didn't hold up well. So if you make this, definitely make it and serve it after chilling only an hour or so.
I had hoped to serve it to my parents and godparents the next day, but it was not in good shape. So instead I threw it into my food processor with some salt and made a dip!! The dip tasted great, but the color was so horrible! I'll eat it myself, but no way could I serve it to guests.
Print this post