Monday, June 23, 2008

Artichoke Spread


A few months ago I made a creamy artichoke spread for paninis. On Sunday, my godparents and parents were coming over for a casual BBQ lunch, so I decided to make an artichoke spread for crackers.

Last time I made it I used my handheld immersion blender to get a creamy consistency. This time I kept it chunky and added red pepper flakes for just a touch of heat. It was not hot at all, but the red pepper flakes did add another flavor.


Ingredients
(my other version in the link above is a reduced fat version)

  • 2 cans artichokes, drained well and chopped
  • 4 tbsp cream cheese
  • 3 tbsp sour cream
  • 2 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 3 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions

  • Heat olive oil in a small pan; add garlic, saute til slightly golden, and transfer to a mixing bowl.
  • Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and stir. Adjust the salt if necessary.
  • Serve with crackers

I ate so many crackers with this spread!! It is very tasty, had great texture, and was perfect on a cracker. This dip could definitely be baked - similar to my spinach artichoke dip. It could also be used as bruschetta which I have done in the past.

Print this post

1 comment:

  1. I made this for a wedding shower and everyone LOVED it! so good. I served on little slices of Rye bread.

    ReplyDelete