On Fridays we usually hit our favorite bar for happy hour, but this week was so crazy and tonight was rainy and cold so I decided to cook.
Fettuccine Alfredo was a definite, and I also picked up some chicken having no idea what I'd do with it. Marinated, grilled chicken would have been great, but not in the pouring rain, so I decided to do a stuffed chicken. I normally wouldn't make a cream based pasta and chicken in the same meal, but it's Friday, so who cares, right???
The chicken... I made this up as I went along.
- 5 thinly sliced chicken breasts (when using thinly sliced breasts, each person can easily eat 2; the picture below gives a good idea of the size)
- 3 wedges of Laughing Cow cheese
- 1 tbsp Asiago cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Dash of cayenne
- Dash of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Bread crumbs
- Sprinkle each breast with some salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix Laughing Cow cheese, Asiago cheese, parsley, garlic, cayenne, paprika, and just a touch of salt and pepper
- Spread about a teaspoon of the mixture onto each breast; roll and put a toothpick through the end to hold it closed
- Put chicken into a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle each one with bread crumbs
- Bake on 375 for 15-20 minutes, flipping once, then turn on the broiler for 3-4 minutes.
My Fettuccine Alfredo recipe can be found here. I was out of butter tonight so I only used oil and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. I also used light cream cheese and light cream instead of the full versions of both. I also used fresh parsley instead of dried - makes such a big difference in my opinion!
I made sauteed spinach for our veggie - saute spinach in olive oil for 2-3 minutes until wilted. I sprinkled it with Kosher salt as it was cooking.
Happy Weekend... Finally!Print this post