Eggs are a quick and easy way to have a filling breakfast, so I love making them. I'm always looking for new ideas, so when I came across a recipe for stuffed peppers in this book, I decided to give it a try.
I love how pretty these peppers are! What a great idea for a brunch or serving overnight guests.
Ingredients (for 2)
- 3 eggs, beat with 2 tsp milk
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp red pepper, chopped
- 2 small green (or red) peppers, tops chopped off and insides cleaned
- cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp shredded cheese; I used cheddar
- Microwave peppers on high for 2.5 minutes to soften; set aside
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray; heat on medium
- Add onions and peppers; saute 1-2 minutes
- Add eggs, scramble; add salt and pepper while scrambling
- Once eggs are done, fill each pepper cup with the eggs. Top with cheese and put under the broiler for 1 minute. Serve immediately.
I can't wait to make these again. You could make any kind of scrambled eggs you like, using any number of ingredients - veggies, meats, different cheeses, etc.Print this post