- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables - peas, corn, carrots, lima beans, green beans
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 60 oz of broth; I used 32 oz of chicken broth and 28 oz of vegetable broth (use all vegetable broth for a vegetarian version; use some beef broth for a richer soup)
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in over medium heat a large soup pot; add carrots, onion, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, thyme, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the broth. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and frozen veggies; cook for 5-10 minutes
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
I'm used to vegetable soups being cooked with beef and I was a little concerned that this soup wouldn't have enough flavor due to the lack of meat. I was not disappointed at all - it still had great flavor.
Print this post