I had some extra time this morning so I made myself a really yummy and healthy breakfast. I was planning on making 2 quick eggs but then I saw the leftover veggies from last night in my fridge and I remembered that I had a whole wheat pita to use up in the next day or two, so I started throwing all of the ingredients together.
This breakfast was so delicious and healthy and should hold me over for a while!
- 2 eggs; I used 1 egg white and one whole egg
- A tiny pinch each of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder
- 1 wedge of Laughing Cow spreadable cheese
- 1 whole wheat pita cut into 2 pockets
- 1 tsp shredded cheddar
- Chopped cooked veggies - I heated up and used tomatoes, zucchini, orange pepper, and red onion. I also added raw spinach and sprouts.
- Spray nonstick pan with fat-free cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Beat egg, adding spices as you beat. Add to pan and leave it alone over medium-low heat.
- Flip the egg once the under-side is cooked. Top with the cheddar cheese and cook for 30 more seconds (I like fluffy eggs but cooking the egg this way makes a nice, flat egg perfect for putting into the pita).
- Spread the Laughing Cow cheese on the inside of each pita pocket. Stuff with the egg and veggies.
I think this took me 7 minutes total to cook. What a great way to use up some leftover veggies!
Print this post