- Trim chicken and arrange in a baking dish. Season with a little bit of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top with chopped veggies - I used red pepper, green pepper, tomatoes, white onions, green onions, and sliced jalapenos so my chicken was completely covered.
- Bake on 400 for approximately 15 minutes
- In the meantime I whipped together a low fat sauce - the chicken needed something so it wouldn't be dry. I heated 1 tsp of olive oil, added some jalapenos; added 1 tsp flour to make a roux, then added about 1/4 cup skim milk and 2 pinches of shredded cheese.
- Pour the sauce into the dish and continue to cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- As you can see from the picture, the sauce wasn't all over the chicken. It just gave it some moisture for cooking and added a bit of flavor. Jon put the sauce on his rice.
I served this chicken over rice and with steamed broccoli. It was tasty which is what I was going for. If I'm not going to be making a lot of rich sauces and using a ton of cheese, I need to make sure my dishes are full of veggies and seasonings that bring good flavor so I won't miss the fat!!
Print this post