Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Lobster Rolls...fresh from Maine!

My husband is from Maine and my father-in-law still lives there. Whenever he comes to visit we ask him to bring some fresh lobster meat. On the afternoon of Christmas Eve I made some lobster salad for lobster rolls. Of course for lobster rolls you have to have the special white-bread rolls only found in New England, so my father-in-law also brought them from Maine.

Ingredients

  • 1.5 pounds fresh lobster meat
  • 1 stalk celery finely chopped
  • 1/4 of a small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp mayonnaise

Directions

  • Combine all ingredients and mix - that's it! You don't need much mayo at all so add it slowly. I let everyone add their own salt and pepper

I served the rolls with my corn chowder, my new favorite soup. My recipe can be found here.



Print this post

1 comment: