Saturday, September 29, 2007

Garlic Cheddar Chicken

I first got this recipe from nestie Amber and I believe she got it from this allrecipes.com recipe.

I don't make this chicken often because of all the butter and cheese, but when I do, we never have leftovers! I love the crispy cheese breading and especially love picking it off the pan after dinner!




Here is what I do (it's a little different than the original recipe)

  • Melt 1/2 stick butter in a pan. Add 6 cloves pressed garlic and saute. Remove from heat
  • In a bowl mix breadcrumbs, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese
  • Dip a thinly sliced chicken breast in the butter/garlic mixture and then the breading mixture.
  • Bake chicken on 400 for about 15 minutes; longer for thicker chicken.

I served it with sauteed spinach - heat good olive oil in a pan along with some red pepper flakes. Add fresh spinach, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Continue to move the spinach around so it wilts evenly. Remove from pan when it is just about wilted. I just recently started adding ground black pepper to my spinach and it tastes a lot better!

If you are looking for quick comfort food, try this chicken.

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment