Tonight was one of those nights where I had a few ideas and just starting putting things together as the ideas came to me. I didn't have any recipes, just a bunch of fresh ingredients and some creative ideas on how to pull them all together. The result was a great dinner for a weeknight, and one that will go on my list of things to definitely make again!
- 1 pound of chicken trimmed and cut into cubes
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped into large pieces
- 1 large jalapeno, chopped with seeds
- 1/2 of an onion, chopped into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Cumin, chili powder, and salt
- 1/2 cup Corona
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Mix chicken with the cilantro, spices, and half of the beer. Set in the fridge for about an hour
- Make a foil packet and mix the marinated chicken with the peppers, onion, garlic, lime juice, and the rest of the beer
- Wrap it up and cook it on the grill for about 20 minutes. That's it!!
Oven Fries with Cilantro Cream
- Chop 1 baking potato into slices
- Toss with olive oil, salt, cumin, and chili powder
- Bake on 400 for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Mix 1/2 cup sour cream with a handful of chopped cilantro. Chill.
The cilantro cream was the perfect dipping sauce for the spicy fries. The cream was even good on the chicken.Print this post