I made a really yummy stuffed chicken tonight. Mine was a little different than Jon's (mine is pictured above, his is at the end of this post) - he doesn't like prosciutto so I only used it in my chicken.
How I did it...
- I took three thinly sliced chicken breasts and pounded them out just a little more.
- The stuffing was layered on top of the chicken like this - 1 slice of prosciutto, a few pieces of fresh spinach, tiny chunks of Gruyere cheese, tiny pieces of chopped red pepper, and garlic (roasted for me, raw minced for DH).
- I rolled the chicken up and tied each piece with kitchen twine. A tip I picked up for rolling chicken - put a piece of plastic wrap under the chicken and use it to get a good hold on the chicken and to roll it tightly.
- I drizzled each roll with EVOO and sprinkled them with some Italian breadcrumbs.
- They baked on 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. They were so pretty when we sliced into them!
I served the chicken with plain white rice and roasted broccoli (broccoli tossed with EVOO, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes). I had some tomatoes that needed to be used so I roasted them in olive oil with a few cloves of garlic - what a perfect, summery side. Print this post