One step you do not want to skip when making this recipe is toasting the sesame seeds. It takes almost no time at all, but adds both flavor and texture to this dish.
Spicy Thai Noodles:
Source: A Taste of Home Cooking
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 10-12 asparagus spears, stems removed
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts (I omitted these)
- 1/2 lb thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Sriracha, more if you want it spicier
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Green onions, for garnish
- Heat the sesame oil and vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, asparagus, carrots, onions (and peanuts). Cook for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey and soy sauce then add the Sriracha.
- When the noodles are done, add them to the bowl with the honey and soy sauce and toss to coat. Add the vegetables to the bowl and toss to coat. Serve in bowls garnished with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.